- About Cellar Tours
- Why Cellar Tours
- In the Press
- Executive Team
1. About Cellar Tours
Cellar Tours is a Luxury Travel Specialist, operating since 2003 and offering exclusive Mercedes chauffeured Gourmet Vacations in Ireland, Italy, Portugal and Spain. We specialize in luxurious custom designed vacations, events and incentives related to food and wine. We are proud members of Slow Food, UNAV (Travel Agency Association in Spain), and the IACP (International Association of Culinary Professionals). Read our company’s full history here.
2. Why Cellar Tours
- We are a licensed, insured and fully bonded tour operator and travel agency- the benefit of which means your payment and booking is secure and you can deal directly with us, not via a third party.
- All of our staff speak English fluently, as do our guides and chauffeurs.
- Your tour is private and customized (based on your interests and preferred travel times). See our FAQ here.
- You will receive VIP personalized customer service during the entire tour planning process and the trip itself.
- During the tour you have 24/7 Back Office Support.
- Our expertise is Europe, where we are based and “on the ground”.
- We have personally visited and hand selected all of our suppliers including luxury hotels, wineries, private chefs, limo drivers, gourmet restaurants, etc.
- We understand that your time is valuable, and we take care of all the detailed and extensive planning for you to ensure that your vacation is the trip of a lifetime.
- Over 30% of our clients are repeat clients.
- Past client references are always available upon request.
3. In The Press
Our company has been featured in various food and wine, travel and business publications including: Forbes Traveler, The Wall Street Journal, Departures Magazine, Travel and Leisure Magazine, Time Magazine (Europe), The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal Europe, The Boston Globe, The Sunday Telegraph (UK), The Independent on Sunday(UK), The International Sommelier, The Observer (UK), Spain Magazine (UK), Wanderlust Magazine (UK), Frommers, Moon Handbook Spain, Food and Wine Magazine (US, Online) The Cultured Traveller (US), New York Weddings Magazine, The Vanguardia (Spain), El 3 de Vuit (Spain), Expansión (Spain), Deia (Spain), The Broadsheet (Spain), Swirl Wine Magazine (US), and gourmet radio shows such as "The Main Ingredient" (Spain) and Robert Whitley's Wine Talk Radio (US).
See the Recent Press we have received here.
Journalists, see our Press Kit here:
4. Executive Team
Genevieve Mc Carthy, Managing Director
Raised in San Diego, California, Genevieve has lived in Europe for the last 11 years, between Spain, Ireland and Italy. Genevieve worked for the top wine importer in Ireland and for a prestigious winery in Italy (Franciacorta, the best sparkling wine region) before founding Cellar Tours in Madrid, Spain in 2003. Genevieve received her wine education credentials through the WSET in London, The Wine and Spirit Education Trust (the International wine industry standard). She has an extensive network of contacts in the wine industry in Europe, which enables her to organize VIP tours to exceptional wineries, that are otherwise closed to the general public. Her love for food & wine, coupled with her passion for languages (Spanish, Italian, Catalan, Portuguese) and her degree and background in luxury travel and tourism, ultimately led her to create a boutique wine tours company.
Genevieve Mc Carthy @ Google+
Simona Piccinelli, Sales Director
Simona was born in Brescia, Italy, in the heart of Franciacorta wine country. Simona is fluent in English and French along with her native Italian. After studying "International Studies" in Trieste, she lived in Paris before returning to Italy to work in marketing for a top winery in Campania, near Naples. She went on to work in key positions in the Italian wine business, PR & communication, and wine export in Franciacorta, Tuscany, Sicily and Piedmont. She is a professional sommelier, member of the AIS (Associazione Italiana Sommelier) and of Critical Wine (an Italian wine professionals group). Simona is our sales director, and has been with Cellar Tours since 2005.
Linda White Wolf, Marketing Manager
Born and raised in San Diego, California, Linda White Wolf now resides in Cave Creek, Arizona. Linda has a colorful background. She worked for years in the "Rock" music industry in Los Angeles, in the capacity of upper management for several record labels. She was Executive Vice-President of Mission Records, owned by Glenn Frey of the "Eagles". Ms. White Wolf has had an illustrious career in the Entertainment and Communications industry for over 16 years and brings her marketing experience to Cellar Tours, as well as her passion for Europe, and good food and wine.